Wednesday, February 16, 2011

S**t Just Got Real

Matthew said he realized how serious things were yesterday when he was checking out of a bookstore with a copy of "What To Expect When Your Wife's Expanding," and the cashier congratulated him, and started telling him how amazing fatherhood is.

Things became very real for me today when I was considering buying a very cute spring/summer outfit online, and then I thought, "Wait, this won't fit me by then. What's the point?"

I'll admit, I'm getting nervous about this. Not about having the baby. About this weekend. What if I don't get pregnant? I'll feel so let down, I'll worry about letting Kira & Scott down. I always want to give people everything I can, and I know I can do this (eventually), but I can't control whether it will happen this weekend, or next month, or the month after, etc. I'd feel so much more confident with IUI, even though that only has a 15-20% success rate. . .

I'm getting so antsy. . .This is almost as bad as the bar exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment